Your Guide to Hair Types 101 from Our Hair Salon in Edinburg, TX
How do you classify your hair?
- • Frizz city
- • Straight with shine
- • Large curls for days
- • Straight and shiny
- • Wavy with possible curl sass
If you have ever stared in the mirror and wondered how to enhance your locks, you are not alone. Most women and men don’t understand their hair type and will use the least-expensive products. After a while, that haircare can become dull. The 2020s are all about hair expression, and embracing your natural hair type is the first step.
Here is what you need to know.
Learning Your ABCs
If you have watched beauty videos recently, you have probably heard the terms “4C, 2B, 3C, etc.” Each of these refers to a natural hair type. These terms were first coined and made famous in the 1990s by Oprah Winfrey’s stylist Andre Walker.
Walkers typing system:
- • 1 A, 1B, 1C refers to straight hair with variation in thin to thickest hair.
- • 2A, 2B, 2C – refers to wavy hair that goes from fine and thin to coarse and frizzy.
- • 3A, 3B – refers to curly hair that varies from loose to corkscrew curls.
- • 4A, 4B – refers to kinky hair that ranges from tightly coiled hair to z-angled coils.
Caring for Your Hair
Your hair is as unique as you are, and it requires special care to grow healthy and strong. If you want to improve your shine, grow out your mane, detox, or improve dexterity, our spa and hair salon in Edinburg can help.
A few of our salon services:
- • Improve protein health with the • Koko Keratin Treatment.
- • Moisturize dried-out locks with a Hair Conditioning Treatment.
- • Stimulate hair growth with the Gold Cannabis Intensive Hair Mask.
Schedule an Appointment at our Salon in Edinburg, TX!
Call (956) 630-4772 to schedule your hair appointment today. Our consultants can help recommend the perfect hair treatments for you.
- Laser Hair Removal at Our McAllen Spa Other than the permanent hair removal with the expensive and time-consuming electrolysis, laser hair removal is likely your best option for achieving long-term results. It significantly reduces the appearances of unwanted hair and may even lead to pe
- Caring For Color Treated Hair Once you have decided to color treat your hair, you must be prepared to put some effort to sustain the beautiful color and your new look. For all your color treatments, you can visit McAllen’s most trusted spa at Avalon Spa and Salon to have profe
- Do Contouring Massages at a RGV Spa Really Work? There’s no denying that a massage can offer the relaxation you need after a long day of work. What if we told you that you could get more than just a stress relief out of your massage? If you’ve been dealing with pesky cellulite that doesn’t se
- The Benefits of our RGV Spa Massages Is your lower back pain becoming harder and harder to deal with? Are your muscle spasms making it increasingly more difficult to complete everyday tasks? If so, a deep tissue massage may be just what you need.