Tips to Beat Humidity from Our Hair Salon in Edinburg
In the fall the humidity is unavoidable! Even indoors you can feel the moisture frizzing up or dulling your hair. If you just got a perm or hair color application this could be troublesome, but do not fret, our hair salon in Edinburg want to share tips for escaping the humidity and ways to protect your hair.
Hair Care We Offer That Will Maintain Your Hair
These treatments will guarantee beautiful healthy hair and preserve it during humid weather.
- • Clarifying head products benefit your scalp from irritation or redness that the dampness may inflict. We carry scalp moisturizers to keep your head healthy. Call first to see if we are in stock.
- • Our Koko Keratin treatment is perfect for eliminating wiry hair. A revolutionary, Brazilian keratin-infused treatment that hydrates and fortifies the hair. This treatment infuses keratin (protein) deep into the hair in the form of a protective layer to eliminate frizz, and smooth and strengthen the cuticle.
- • Our Gold Cannabis Intensive Hair Mask helps to improve scalp health, and this cannabis-based mask can help prevent hair loss, stimulate hair growth, rejuvenate the scalp and replenish hair's shine and strength.
- • Leave-in conditioners and shower conditioners will keep your skin healthy. We offer various products most popularly including Bumble & Bumble.
- • We offer sun hair care lines from Aveda that repel more than just humidity, but water, chlorine, sun, and UV rays.
Easy Hair Tips and Tricks That Don’t Require Product
These tricks are easy to do at home and these simple new routines can be implemented to revitalize and uphold your hair from the temperate weather.
- • Avoid the blow dryers! Air drying your hair will allow your scalp to keep its moisture preventing inflammation and damaged hair. Try microfiber hair towels as an alternative as well.
- • Overbrushing will weaken hair and cause split ends. Brush your hair in moderation for strong kept hair.
- • Hairstyles are everything. Ponytails, braids, and buns are great for protecting your hair while looking and feeling your best. We specialized in hair styling for any occasion.
- • A bandana is the ideal accessory for any outdoor activities as its cloth repels dampness. Other accessories such as bows, sweatbands, and hair ties can be protective forms against humidity.
In-Home Additions to Avoid Moisture in the Home
Here are a few products you can purchase for the home that may help eliminate unwanted moisture.
- • Disposable dehumidifiers or Charcoal Sachets reduce humidity in small enclosures such as restrooms, laundry rooms, and pantries
- • Liven up the place by adding plants to your home. This not only freshens up the place but reduces humidity in the home substantially
- • Something as simple as turning on your air conditioner both cools the air and rids it of moisture
Try Our Take-Home Self-Care Kits
We offer luxurious specially created kits that feel like you’re bringing the salon with you. Here are just a few that help prevent damage from humid weather…
- • Blowout Base Box includes Bumble and Bumble Tonic, Lanza Color Illuminator, and Moroccan Oil Treatment.
- • Special Care Box includes Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser Invisible Oil Shampoo, Bumble and Bumble Hairdresser Invisible Oil Primer, and Moroccan Oil Treatment.
- • Hairdresser's Invisible Oil Box includes Hairdresser UV Protective Primer, Hairdresser Mask, Hairdresser Hot Oil Concentrate, Hairdresser Invisible Oil, Hairdresser Soft Texture Finishing Spray.
Check out more care kits we offer here.
At Avalon Spa and Salon, we prioritize our customers and give them quality service that beats out all competition. Call (956) 630-4772 to schedule an appointment.