3 Beauty Methods to Keep Your Skin Smooth During Not-So-Lovely Weather
The change in weather between winter and spring can create harsh and unpredictable conditions for your skin. Even if it’s hot, cold, or humid all in the same week, you’ll want to protect your skin and its smoothness with a few protective tips from our spa in McAllen!
Keeping your skin hydrated will help you maintain your body weight, rid your skin of toxins, and fight oily surfaces and acne. Clear your skin by:
- Drinking an appropriate amount of water to avoid dehydration.
- Eat some water-enriched foods like watermelon, cucumber, tomato, celery, and zucchini.
- Use water-boosting products and services.
Our HydraFacial extracts dirt build-up from your pores, leaving your skin with a vibrant tone.
Exfoliating will remove dead skin cells and help increase blood circulation through your body. You can do this by:
- Determining the type of exfoliation you need based on the area of your body. The face will need less exfoliation compared to your elbows and knees.
- Trying an Advanced Exfoliant from our spa in McAllen to deeply clean your pores, lighten your complexion, and lessen your brown spots.
It is tempting to grab a hot shower during the cold, but a drastic change in water temperature can lead to dry and itchy skin. Instead, moisturize with lotions and gentle cleansers that match your skin’s needs. You can also:
- Bathe in lukewarm water more often to protect your hair and prevent wrinkles.
- Add essential oils to soften your skin and keep it moisturized.
- Try our Aromatherapy Bath that’s infused with lavender to maintain vibrant skin. It relaxes aching muscles and improves your overall complexion.
By creating a moisturizing regiment, you can prepare your body for the changing of seasons all year round!
Schedule Your Appointment Today!
If you’re having a bit of trouble making your skin look and feel baby-smooth, then our spa and salon in McAllen has an array of services that can help you! Contact us today to set up your appointment.